• 9th most populous city in California
• Population increased 40% from 2000 and 20 I I
• County is the 4th largest agricultural producing county in the U.S.
• Within a four hour drive of 90% of California's population.
• 5,400 hotel rooms, from quaint to full service.
• Pro Sports - ice hockey, baseball, basketball, auto racing
• Bakersfield is home of the largest carrot-producing operations in the world with Grimmway Farms and Bolthouse Farms.
• Kern River Parkway includes 6,000 + acres of trails, parks and waterways.
Bakersfield is centered around many different industries including Agriculture, Healthcare, Oil, Government and Distribution which are just a few industries that are contributing to one of the fastest growing economies and regions in the nation.